Thursday, June 3, 2010

Flutter Berry and Amibtions 2

Hey it's me Flutter back again. I'm really enjoying this new town even if it is a little on the creepier side.

So the next day I had to go do some errands around town. I took some pictures as I went and this is the view from the taxi as I headed from my house into town, across the Twinbrook bridge.



I had to stop by Teal's Grocery and Babbling Book's first. Luckily they're right next to one another.


Next I had to head towards the west side of town to do some laundry, especially if Darkate was coming home. I wanted to have some cute clothes and the bedsheets clean. Clean laundry makes us sims happy don'tcha know?



It just so happens that while I was doing laundry I ran into the only friend I had really made in the short time that I had been here. Apparently Lolli's LaundryMat is the place to be.

I was busy telling Pavinna all about the new Super Berry movie I had just seen when I got a call from a strange sounding character looking for a private detective to find his missing flamingo.

I laughed so hard I could barely tell Pavinna what had happened and she stood there looking at me stumped.

As soon as the laundry was finished, I had gathered my things to go home when Pavinna called me back over to her dryer.


Apparently she had forgotten to pull a cookbook out of her apron and had washed it, turning all of her laundry pink and covered in pieced of paper. I promised her that we would go out later that week and see if we could find her a new (or used) cookbook and some clothes. She cheered up a bit at that and I don't think it hurt that the cute marine behind me was giving her the eye.

By the time I got home that afternoon, I was so beat that I didn't even notice there was someone else in the house. O_O

I went to take a shower and when I came out....

My long lost hubby was sitting on the sofa with a smug and amused look on his face. He was dressed like Crocodile Dundee or Indian Jones--one of those adventuring types.

"What if I had been a robber or a murderer? You totally did not even notice I was here!"

I couldn't even say anything I just ran over to hug him.
I've missed you so much babe, but....well....you stink like arid sand and shawarma.

"I'll change" *changes quickly*

"Better?" 

Much! Hey, now that you are home, can we find a better house.....or better yet, build one?

"You got it punkin'!"


"Honey, my friend found this cute little house that would be great as a starter home for us, it even has a separate entrance where we can but your special glazed glass detective door....what do you think?"

I love it, I think it's perfect. I especially love the little fenced in garden area!


A few hours and several furniture stores later and....


We were enjoying our new home!

So honey, you know, I've been thinking and I think you should get a job as either a teacher or a fireman.

"I already have"

Which one?

"You'll have to wait and see in the morning when the carpool pics me up!"


The next morning I got up extra earlier to cook breakfast for the both of us but I was running late.

Pancakes or waffles I yelled through the bathroom door.

"Neither! Don't worry about it, I'll get something at work" I could hear the shower running so I abandoned breakfast for the moment curiosity getting the better of me as I kept peeking out the window to see if a car had arrived for my husband yet.

No sooner than I heard a car horn beep, than i was been wrapped up in a hug by my husband.
He gave me a flirty grin and said, "Hey baby, I'm a firefighter"

Apparently this is a new pickup line only available to firefighters. I laughed and kissed him as he ran to get into the truck.


I'm really busy getting caught up on paperwork so I'll let Darkate take it from here to tell you about his first day as a firefighter.

3 comments: