Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ok, so I don't usually do this but they should have thought about it before now

Real life rant, I'm a bit angry. So...my father bought my hubby a Razer mouse he wanted off of newegg for his birthday about a little more than 2 years ago. Usually we all love Razer stuff and newegg is where we buy most of our computer parts in general. However, my hubby's mouse started going ape-$hit and no matter what we do it double clicks with the left side no matter how lightly you touch it. When we bought the mouse it had a 3 year warranty (and we has the paperwork to prove it) from newegg.



Well apparently the reason they quit selling/making this mouse is that the double-click thing is a defect (we did some research). Now Razer is telling us that they only have a 2 year warranty and won't replace the mouse. I find this incredibly hard to fathom beings Newegg still has it listed on all of their Razer stuff that its a 3 year warranty and that this has never been a problem in over 2 years time. So hubby contacted Newegg and they were genuinely surprised and are going to contact Razer but I feel like they are giving us the run around. So we have a $70 mouse that isn't working anymore and am now using an el cheapo version from walmart that I've had for like 6-7 years. Yet Razer is supposed to make stuff "by gamers for gamers" and their mouse fell apart after 2 years. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment