Tuesday, December 14, 2010

To follow or not to follow....*hides head ashamed*

On a semi-real life problem. My old best friend who even though I don't get to see her much anymore I still pretty much consider a best friend, is preggers with twins! :) Yay! She and many other of my friends and colleagues are preggers too. You may remember me mentioning that my hubby and I have been trying to get preggers for quite a while now to not much avail and its bittersweet to be surrounded by all these pregnant women. Anyway, she has a very cute blog here on blogger (it's private because she's that way) and I'm following it anonymously but she did invite me on there and I'd like to follow it publicly so that she's not thinking I'm ignoring her but my blogger account and email is of course connected to this blog and all of the other simming-related things I follow so I'm reluctant and a bit embarrassed.....*hangs head, shamed of being embarrassed too* No one around me knows about my simming, much less my stories and such other than my husband (and he makes fun of me about it and shakes his head)....so I'm not really sure what to do. It's a dirty little secret. I can't really create a new google account because my e-mail has been my e-mail for years and years. I'm sure she'd look on my profile if I did follow it publicly because she's bored and on strict bedrest...But I'm also not willing to give up my blog and story and what little bit of time I get to spend on it I enjoy. Of course with Cataclysm out my husband has usurped our main PC that has sims on it and I haven't been able to sim anyway. Anyway....I'll figure something out I guess. Suggestions welcome.


5 comments:

  1. That's too bad you don't want her to know about this site. can you block individual people from this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I see it, the worst thing that could happen is she finds out that you play the sims. No shame in that, millions of other people are playing it as well. Not to mention the fact that she might take an interest in what you're doing and actually like it, would that be a bad thing?

    At the end of the day it's your decision what to do, and I'm pretty sure that whatever you decide will work out well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Poida is right. I am such a Sim-geek that I talk about Sims all the time but not too many of my "RL" friends know about my Legacy. I'll tell my friends if you tell yours :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be proud!! I tell people all time.

    If I can admit I have seen Megamind 9 times in the theater... You can do this!! lol Simmers unite! They will still love you. And if they don't poo on them. You don't need em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've told friends about my sims, they just roll their eyes and go "there she goes again". Most could care less. We've all got our crazy thing we do for fun ;)

    ReplyDelete